View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #98
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Well spoken as always Lisa. I won't speak for others just myself. I too have concerns that the underpinning research did not appear to be present. Recent link sent to me from Dr Dodds (see above) shows that she did publish some research but not in a highly accredited science journal...

But I too don't like it when folks disparage and make leaps to say because this test is *unproven* well actually some say invalid or a scam - they don't use the words *unproven* and unproven is just that *unproven*.

I really appreciated Dr Dodds very fast response to my email inquiry - and I view that as a favourable.

But I will share my concerns with her - apart from Nutriscan test, is her active involvement and review with two relatively recent (past 3 yrs or so) research one is the Viszla study - one is another I can't remember the name of - both had some concerns with methodology employed which meant the actual results of the research may have or have been perceived to have reduced value. That should be of concern to a scientist which of course everyone here knows I am not.
Unless and until the American academy of veterinary dermatologist starts using the test, I have no choice but to continue to opine that it is not valid. They're the body that is most expert on allergies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!