View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #94
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Okay, I figured out why this article didn't come up in previous searches. It's from the Journal of the American Holistic Veterinary Medicine Association. This is not a top tier peer-reviewed veterinary journal (see the Skeptvet here for his opinion on the JAVHMA: American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA) & its Foundation (AHVMF) | The SkeptVet). The article is a review article (at least it gives references, which I'll check out later when I can get behind the paywall), and it cites promising, but unpublished, data from Dr. Dodds' own research.

I'm more hopeful than I was, but I'm still not 100% convinced. I would like to see the data published in a prestigious journal. Overall, I would rate this as promising, but not proven. Many, many thanks to Dr. Dodds for making this paper available for perusal. If anyone else wants to read it, send Gail (gemy) or me a private message.

Yeah I figured you would say that - about AHVMA cause that is kind of what I thought too. I have not gone through the article in detail - and I will humbly try to get to the referenced research - but not holding my breath as so much is always behind pay firewalls.

I too thank Dr Dodds for her quick response and will wait 24-36 hours before I inquire as to her publishing in say JAVMA.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!