View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 10:35 AM   #113
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
I had learned last years about the unreliability of the blood tests as well and the false positives and I had been thinking of comparing the saliva tests to the blood tests to see if the results were the same because some of the food that the blood tests said were borderline Buster did not seem to have issues eating. I think many great points were brought up by many members and I appreciate the discussion. I think it is wise for our members to be aware of the different points of view. I was basing some of my decisions on my experiences with cortisone and was doing Buster a disservice not being open to medications especially Atopica and realize that I do need to consult with a Vet Nutritionist to make sure Buster is getting a well balanced diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Carolyn, Dr Remillard has a computer module for healthy dogs and the diets are $25. She has a novel protein option. Since Buster is healthy you might be able to hold on a consult and just email her for a suggestion on which of the healthy diets you might select. I know JadaBug did this with a turkey diet and it's worked out great. Her recipes for healthy pets now seem to use the Rayne supplement (it's chick pea based though). It's petdiets.com.

I don't think you've done a disservice to Buster at all. I totally understand the concerns with steroids and meds and I am very conservative myself. You've tried to help Buster and that's a lot more than many people would do! Allergies are hard.
Indeed! We all have to almost do hand stands to get some people to even consider a vet. Never mind going to the lengths the two of you and others do for their pups.
ladyjane is online now   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!