View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 PM   #12
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowGirlLola View Post
I've had to make it so my friend's kid has very limited interaction with Lola, she keeps doing inappropriate things like barking and growling in Lola's face (she's 8, way too old for that nonsense). I keep correcting her nicely about it, she starts crying, and my grandmom and her mom get mad at me. We leave when she comes over now. Lola is very tolerant, but I'm not risking it.
The really sad thing is she lives with 2 dogs, 1 medium and 1 big, and 2 cats. I'm just waiting for her or her brother (7, and severly autistic) to get bit. She's even worse with her pets.

In general though I've found strange kids are much better than strange adults with Lola in public. Kids and young adults almost always ask before petting her, adults, especially women, don't. I've had about 5 50-60 year old women try to walk up and grab Lola's face, then get mad at me for preventing it.

You would think that this child was old enough to not behave this way BUT my brother in law, who is over 30, does the same thing to Teddy. How the hell can kids know what is appropriate when the parents are ignorant? Ugh, I will go off on a societal etiquette rant so will stop here by saying I sympathize!
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!