View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #18
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneofakind864 View Post
Here are additional links- and these are just a few. Simply google "Yorkie reaction to Rabies vaccination" and tons of them come up.

We should all educate ourselves about potential problems that could arise with our babies. I think we know in our hearts and "Guts" when something is wrong with our little ones. Blindly accepting "the law says it so I'm gonna follow it" when it comes to rabies vaccinations can be deadly. There are MULTIPLE links I have provided below to back it up and again 5 out of 6 vets in my own personal experience agreed there can be special circumstances where the good the vaccine "Might do" falls short in view of the harm that definitely occurs in "SOME" cases. And apparently with titer tests- you can get a waiver allowing you to "Adhere to the law" and still not administer the rabies vaccination. Though I honestly don't remember getting a titer test...It has been 12 years after all. My vet could have done one because I WAS given a waiver with regards to the rabies vaccination.

Killing a hawk can and will get you JAIL time- but if one was after my yorkie- do you honestly think I would stand by and let my dog die because it is against the law to kill one? Would you?

And how may people have "Snuck" their dogs onto planes because they didn't want to pay the 180 each way fee to fly with your dog?

Y'all can get on your high horses all you want but there are always special circumstances. And while getting regular vaccines and following all the laws pertaining to your dogs is definitely preferable, If you TRULY think that doing so could hurt or endanger your dog it can't hurt to get multiple opinions from different vets to make your final decision.

How to Avoid Vaccination Reactions in Dogs | Truth4Dogs

Vaccination Side Effects in Yorkies | eHow

Vaccines and your Yorkies

Anaphylaxis - Allergic Shock & Vaccine Reactions in Dogs Cats And Ferrets
Interesting that you mention people being on "high horses" when all they are doing is stating facts.

I really don't know what to say to someone like you. You seem to think that it is ok to break the law....or just break the ones you don't like???
Very confusing rhetoric to me.

BUT....first of all, unless I leave my pups unattended, there is no chance of losing one to a hawk; so I really don't understand the justification of killing one.

Sneaking a pup onto a plane? We have had that discussion here before and I find it a bit ridiculous but whatever. It is not worth it to me to be embarrassed over something like that for such a small amount of money. BUT someone like you who does not care to protect her pup, me or other humans from the chance of rabies does concern me.

Your thinking imho is just flawed. I "get" that there are chances of vaccine reactions; but they are not as common as you wish to believe and most are not life threatening. Of course if a person loses a pup due to anaphylactic shock, they would certainly be leary. You said you lied and told people your pup died....I for the life of me don't find that in the least bit humorous. It disturbs me greatly.

So, as i see all this you DID mean to offend because you clearly don't like hearing facts/truth.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!