View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
I get what you're saying, and I agree it's wrong! It never says he went to the shelter to try and get his dog back. All I am asking is why? If my dog got picked up and I had video to show who took it, I sure as heck would be there trying to get my dog back immediately! Even without video, I'd sure check with my shelter to see if they had it. I only mention a hold time because here they used to hold dogs for 3 days. So in that time did he not check there to try and find his dog? He knew where it was by his video. For all we know someone reported the little dog as a stray and that's why PETA were there in the first place. If he had gone to the shelter to inquire about his dog, would they not have let him have her back?
I am typing my responses with two fingers....so sometimes I will not go into deep, drawn out detail trying to say what I am saying....when I re-read my response, I thought that does not sound right....and that is exactly how you took it! What I SHOULD have said was, " The article didnt go into any detail about why he waited to contact PETA about taking his pet, and that is a question I would have been interested in".... rather than short and direct "it didnt say anything about hold time".

If I would have "gone the long route", my response may have not sounded like I was insinuating you were not understanding what was being said. I am trying to post on here without being chastised for offending English Grammar 101, so it is better for me to be as brief as possible.....and THAT leads to its own problems! (Let me go up and divide this paragraph into two so I dont get called out again on THAT!)

I have another question...in Houston, we do not call PETA to come out for strays, we call animal control. Is it even possible that a neighbor would call PETA to pick up a stray?? I was not aware PETA did that service.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 11-20-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!