View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Default PETA Steals Dog From Front Porch.....

Saw this little article, on Huffington Post...how sad is this......does have some distressing stats worth taking note of.

"A family in Virginia is looking for answers after they claim animals rights group PETA stole their dog and then killed it.
Wilbur Cerate told WAVY this surveillance footage shows two workers taking his Chihuahua Maya from the family's front porch. (There was a video showing a truck backing up to the porch, a PETA worker jumped out, grabbed the dog from the porch, put it in the back of their "Rescue" van, and drove off.)

He told the station, "I understand if they pick up my dog if it was in a tree or another place, but this is in my house."

This happened in October and he says the workers came back a few days later with a fruit basket to tell him his dog had been euthanized and apologize.
The workers were charged with grand larceny but those were later dropped because the video did not show criminal intent.
On average, PETA euthanizes 2,000 dogs and cats each year at it's animal shelter in Virginia. The group has actively promoted a video explaining the organization's reasons for euthanizing animals.
"In 2013, we euthanized 1,805 ferrell, sick, suffering, dying, aggressive and otherwise unadoptable animals."

But Cerate says his dog wasn't in any position to be put down. PETA has refused to release any statement about the incident."

Gosh....no criminal intent shown by these workers? Guess they would have had to show a sign saying they were there to steal the dog so they could murder it.....

All y'all that let your little dogs outside unsupervised, had better be super vigilant....watch out for predators from the sky, from the woods, thieves roaming the neighborhood.....and I guess now PETA too, as they now take dogs right from porches and yards!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 11-18-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!