View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #29
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Thanks for clarifying, Nancy. I do care a great deal for the standard but I'm not convinced the Partis have no place in the breed. Enough people like them that maybe a small space should be set aside for them. I don't want to argue for or against. I want to be neutral and not have to throw away some friends I really like a lot because I don't understand their choice of Yorkie color. Heck, I don't even like Partis myself, never saw one I would say is pretty, but to each his own.
As for the tail docking, you do understand that's not a breeding issue but rather a matter of surgically lopping off a puppy's tail. Over the years I've imported many fine European bred Yorkies and become accustomed to seeing the full tail. Whimsically, and not always wisely as an exhibitor, I sometimes choose to leave the full tail on a puppy.
I do have show dogs and do dock the tails of any dogs being shown in the US, as per the custom in this country.
Cathy, I didn't know breeder complaints did not go directly to someone in the club.
I wonder how helpful it would be to go to the AKC with things we think the YTCA could be doing better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!