View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #29
kreuer
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiB View Post
This is quite presumptuous. I really don't want to get into some long, heated debate, but I will say...IMO, and in the opinion of many, social interactions are what is learned from 8 weeks up. If a pup is eating, healthy, and a person has the time and means to care for it, some actually prefer social interactions of their dogs be learned in the environment they will live in. For example, my pup came home at eight and a half weeks. I chose this as I stay home, he's been eating dry food for nearly three weeks, and I want him to learn how to behave in my home, with children, not a home full of puppies.

I know some people are going to disagree passionately with me, and I will say beforehand...I respect your opinion and choice to wait for twelve weeks or more, but not everyone agrees that it is necessary.

Around here, 10 weeks seems to be the norm. I think a lot of it also has to do with the size of the pup. The lady I'm getting my next pup from says they will let them go at 10 weeks, unless they are smaller and feels they need to stay longer.
kreuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!