Thread: dog food
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #15
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
What bothers me is there is no disclaimer letting people know the grade the foods are getting dosent rate how good the company is, how many issues they have had, and whether they do any food trails and any research and stuff.
Well, in a perfect world - the guy would be able to track every single thing we can think of...but he can only do so much, I suppose. I don't hold that against him.

And in fact, I don't support - at all - dog food trials/research across the board or think it's categorically a great thing bc those trials can (and have) result in animal cruelty and very poorly run trials/research where the dogs are actually maltreated. "Research" doesn't always translate to "good research". In addition, we should *not* always need food trials bc of the current inferences we should now be able to make regarding several common ingredients.

An analogy is like w/ mascara testing on rabbits - we should not ever have to do this again like we did in the past bc we now have enough inferences / proven-safe-ingredients to create products without forcing research.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 06-25-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!