Thread: dog food
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #14
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
See, now I don't agree on categorically putting this guy down, nor with the black-and-white thinking seen here at times regarding his site.

Bc, yeah, I just might trust my dentist's advice on things other than dentistry depending upon their knowledge, experience, hobbies, expertise, and type of advice. I mean, I HIGHLY value some people's opinions here at YT and they have NO professional experience whatsoever with dog health. However, they are highly invested in gaining knowledge in dogs, dog health, vet practices, gold standards in vet care, in very specific dog diseases, in breed specific issues, and in both anecdotal and scientific resources. I've received some of my BEST advice regarding my dogs from non-dog-professionals.

When I first started learning passionately about dog foods/nutrition, I actually found Dog Food Advisor incredibly helpful for just learning about certain ingredients and their place in dog foods...it helped me start to form opinions and urged me to seek more info elsewhere regarding what I learned on DFA. So, I would not personally say DFA is all bad. I think it has a place as a *piece* of a pie with many pieces.

I do think the reviews should be taken with some grains of salt as they are, indeed, one person's opinion / one person's schematic. But I don't find the opinion worthless, imo. I think it does have some worth, albeit as cursory / as a launching pad for further investigation and learning. It's one opinion of a thousand others.

And this is just my one opinion of a thousand others too .
What bothers me is there is no disclaimer letting people know the grade the foods are getting dosent rate how good the company is, how many issues they have had, and whether they do any food trails and any research and stuff.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!