View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #280
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Systematic review articles are notoriously biased, since they rely upon the authors to pick and choose which articles they think are relevant. The best thing to do is to read as many primary research articles as possible, look at their materials and methods, and decide which ones are the best quality. The scientific consensus is that spaying reduces the rate of mammary cancer, so I'm surprised at the viszlas conclusions, but again, it may be a breed-specific effect.
The 2 posts about are pretty much what I have said in the past, as laypeople we cannot run with information from these studies for the simple reason that we are not vets. If you take the time to read each of my posts you can see there are issues with the data, the statistics and even who was used for their research. It's very obvious to me that you cannot just take these studies and use a broad sweeping brush to include every animal into the conclusions of these studies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!