View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #11
Kozmosmomma
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Are you all 100% certain they fall under "puppy mill"?

Three of my yorkies are from them. I thought they were more of a "backyard breeder" type but I wouldn't classify it as a puppy mill.

Heather and Jason are a bit odd perhaps, maybe not the most personable people, but the conditions looked acceptable every time I was there. In fact, I absolutely love the look of their yorkies.

I got my first yorkie from them, Oscar, a few years ago. I got him at 6 months. He was the runt of the litter and not at all socialized. But he's fine and hasn't had any problems. He became socialized over the years. A few months later I got his brother Bruce. Bruce is absolutely perfect in every way. He's a big yorkie, about 15 pounds. But I actually like the bigger ones. I got Daphney in October. She's wonderful. The only problem, and I don't really think this is a serious problem, was after about 3 weeks with her she developed kennel cough. Was it because of the breeder? Perhaps. But she could have contracted it outside. My boys didn't have it, nor did they catch it from her. But she was put on medicine and good as new in a week or so. No big deal. My vet did not seem concerned that it was a breeder issue.

This saddens me that Heather and Jason are considered to be a puppy mill. I don't know them other than meeting them years ago through an ad, and we don't keep in touch or anything. I send pictures occasionally to Heather and she always replies and loves to hear that her dogs are loved. I honestly just thing they are "hobby" breeders, not puppy mill breeders.
Kozmosmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!