View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
In my opinion as a nurse, I would think that actually - the opposite would be true. The reason for this is bc hormones play an UNBELIEVABLY important part in the way our bodies function -- and we are essentially robbing our animals of important hormones. Stats taken out of context rarely are as good as they appear.

Remember, the real reason there is such a push for spaying/neutering is not really for the health of the animal, but more bc of over population. If health of the animal were paramount, we wouldn't see S/N as often as we do. And yes, while spaying female dogs can help avoid certain cancers, it's still not the real reason to spay -- unless you also believe that we human females should spay ourselves in order to avoid cancers...!!!??? It's the same concept.

Thanks for digging into this. Now the stats make much more sense.
Its not just cancers females can have there uterus fill with puss and blood and if not noticed and taken care of it can kill your dog. I am saddened that you think I have taken stats out of context and I encourage you to pick up a modern dog and see I have not done that..... Honestly maybe after a female is done having kids she should have her uterus removed it would have saved my Grandmother and my aunt who is looking at battling the same cancer.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!