View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #9
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipyap View Post
Dear Yorkie Lovers,
I feel sure the caring members of the YTCA will be able to get all their issues resolved. When I read your emails, I thought to myself, ahhhh, yes, the issues of trying to get everyone to get along and to agree with each other! There has to be a fair amount of give and take on association and club matters, no matter what type of organization. By now, I am 63 and have been in Va State Garden Club, Va District 6 of the DAR, American Peony Society, Augusta Co. Teachers Assoc., the Church's Council of Elders, and our local Retired Teachers Association. There Always comes a time or issue when some members may only see things One way, and not want to "give an inch" on a proposition. It does make it very hard for those members who are really trying to keep their group viable and just want a reasonable agreement. I was on the Board of Officers of one of the groups that I listed up above. We had a Very strong-minded President who had gotten our Society up & running, but after running things for 3 terms, Board Meetings with her in charge became very unpleasant for all the other officers. Finally, when some of our Board threatened to Quit, she stopped trying to run-over all the other officers' opinions, and after a few months of "quibbling" with the newly elected president, she settled down and took a back-seat. We finally found a "computer person" (who was recommended by the local Staples Store) to set-up our new website, but we all chipped-in on the reasonable fee, and now there is a very nice website. So, do not give up, I'm sure those members who love the YTCA will get rtheir issues settled and also find someone to do a nice website!
Thanks for posting this. I understand the YTCA is working very hard to overcome some difficulties and wish them success in coming back better and stronger than they were before all this. The new web site is up and looking great, and I've noticed lately that AKC includes a YTCA brochure with Yorkshire Terrier registration certificates. We're in an overall challenging era in the pure bred dog fancy and I'm told it's not just YTCA trying to regroup.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!