View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
tricia208
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default New members of the YTCA Board of Directors

Thanks for posting YTCA president, Cheryl Rangel's comments and the status of YTCA. I was not too concerned over the website other than it is best to have the new site ready before the old one is taken down. I think that sent a confusing message to the Yorkie world and caused much speculation - accurate or not. She did not mention the status of YTCA's non-profit corporation status with the Secretary of State. I wonder if that and the other administrative issues they were dealing with have been resolved.

All clubs go through changes so this is not unusual. That is the way the club grows and how they address the new challenges of a breed. Change is not always accepted in a positive manner by all those concerned. Again, not unusual for a club going through growth. For many years YTCA has been very good for the Yorkie. I hope they get all these current issues resolved so they can use the efforts of the board and membership to focus on the breed.

Of all the breeds I have owned I believe the Yorkie is the one breed that needs and benefits the most from a strong parent club. The genetics, health and breeding to the standard to name a few are all challenges with this breed. The parent club needs to present a confident united front to address these challenges.

I wish the best to the new members of the YTCA board.
tricia208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!