Thread: Sick puppy
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #56
LadyDaisy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Yes, I have. I bought a puppy for my mom for mothers day. My friend found the site for me, she doesn't know anything about Yorkies and was just trying to help because she knows how much my mom wanted one. I had read in a magazine to call and talk to SOMEONE, not a machine. To make sure that the parents were on site and ask about registration, ect. ect. ect. I had this big long check list and everything SEEM to check out.

He assure me that the puppies are registered, when I asked about the AKC. He told me that the parents were on site, there shots were up to date, but when I asked if I could come see the puppies his first excuse was that the puppies were still too young(yet they were listed at 10 weeks old), the second excuse was that he was out of town. What I wanted to say was then whose watching the puppies, but I just left it. But on the web site it looked like the puppies were well taken care of and the 'Hill' family all pitches in and helps. He also assured me that the puppy fully grown would fit in my mom's purse, being 3 pounds.

The night we went to go pick up the puppies, I sent my mom to go pick up the puppy as a surprise. When she got back with the puppy she said that she heard the parents in the other room and he only let them in the front living room, thought everything still appeared clean. But when I looked at the puppy she looked way bigger than what I had asked. But he assured me that she would be small, so I again left it alone.

Within the next week the puppy started coughing and so I sent a text to Jason about it because I remember him telling me that if the animal is sick within the first month he would pay the vet bill, he informed me that it was kennel cough don't worry about it that all puppies get it and it will go away. But then she started getting a runny nose and it got worse. I took her to the vet, and it turns out that it was kennel cough and that she needed antibiotics. I texted Jason again at this time, and seemed to mad that I took her too the vet and he would not pay bill.

Next came the papers, Jason had informed my mom that they would come in the mail. When they came they were from the CKC not the ACK, from what I've been told is that the this is not a reputable registry. And the parents listed were not the same as the ones on the web site, so by this time I was very confused. I know that some dogs have 'stages names' but these were far fetched names they were no where near the same names. And if they were ACK registered I would be able to look them and see if they were really the parents or not, but because its CKC they don't always the picture on file.

By this time, seeing all these lies I was very frustrated and not sure what to say to him. By I confronted him about it and he would not respond.

Now I've been tracking my puppies weight and her size, she was suppose to be 3 pounds. She is now 5, and is charting to be twice the weight he promised me. Now if this was my dog I would just let it go but this I pointed out several times in the phone call and he assured several time that he has 27 years experience and that he's rarely wrong when it comes to weight. Now he is tell me that he has no guarantee's, this upsets me because this is my mother present and she's been wanting a small purse Yorkie and still doesn't have one. I paid A LOT of money for this puppy and still don't have want she wanted. If I want a 6 pound Yorkie I would have gotten the 800$ Yorkie he has listed. Or better yet I would have gotten a 5 pound Yorkie for 600$ somewhere else!

I asked him how we can resolve this and all he is offering is too give me another dog for the SAME price as I got for my puppy... I am sorry but I am not insane and wont fall for the same trick twice. I think something needs to be done about this breeder, its crazy how he keeps getting out of doing anything he says he's going to do.
LadyDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!