View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiLuv View Post
She got the vaccine last friday. She was lethargic and not eating well for 3 days after. Her leg and belly were swollen and red and the area was painfull for a while
She is only 2yrs old so she has only had a couple of these but never had a reaction to any vaccines before. I of course never want to get her this vaccine again but I am worried there are no medical exceptions here- will a couple of vaccines show up on titers forever? What we do a titer some time later and it shows shes not protected?? I am so worried about her ever having that vaccine again!
I would check with the vet on a couple of things. My vet said the rabies is good for 3 years but that some vets will give it every year anyway. He said it is the exact same dose either way. Huey got his last week and his certificate shows he is good until 2016. Also, if your vet will document an allergy to the vaccine, I would think that would keep you from having to vaccinate. You can't give a medicine where there is a documented allergy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!