View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
Lindzorz
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 036 Foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia_fan7 View Post
Guys, I need some help. I just read a page full of one and two star ratings on the Beneful brand dog food because of the constipation, vomiting, and overweight issues their dogs were developing due to the first ingredient in Beneful being corn. My mom and I have been buying Beneful for Max and I didn't know it was this bad. I'll have to tell her to switch Max's food to something else. I care about his health as his owner and want to avoid him having these symptoms. My question is, does anyone have a recommendation for a healthier dog food I can feed Max? Would Blue be good to feed him? Thanks in advance!
Ah, yes ... The discovery that Beneful is poop -- the beginning of dog food knowledge! Don't you just hate that companies market their dog foods as healthy when they're really not? Darn you, marketing ploys! -shakes fist-

I have always fed Canidae All Stages to Nilla (they have had recalls before she was ever put on it), but lately I have been trying Holistic Select's duck formula. She seems to like the flavor better than Canidae. I've been trying to find different foods that Nilla would like to eat more because she would eat the Canidae because she obviously had to, but she would never eat much of it and never acted like she really loved the flavor. Seemed more like toleration. xD I will probably try Earthborn next, and eventually I would like to try Canine Caviar. I helped my mother - in - law order Earthborn for her Yorkiepoo because they were looking for an alternative to Canidae (their dog is very picky and won't eat her dog food anymore -- I know why though -- she cooks the dog eggs or meat in the morning and then meat in the evening too -- if I were a dog I wouldn't want to eat kibble either! uggh!). It seemed like a good quality food.

I know many won't agree and will say to see a nutritionist, but I find dogfoodadvisor to be a helpful resource. It breaks down the ingredients, protein amounts, and also lists relatively recent recalls on said foods as well.

Lindzorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!