View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #154
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

He's finally stopped rubbing his face and body all over everything but he's very very restless. He will sleep about 15 mins and then he's up and changing positions from the couch to the floor and then he'll be there 15 mins and back to the couch and so it has gone for the last 1 1/2 hours now. He refuses all good or even sugar water to lick off the finger anyway so I can't get food into him except by force and I know he ate at the vet at least 12 hours ago and had 4 pieces of kibble I crushed and put the crumbs in his mouth little by little when we first got home from vet. But he stands with his little head hanging down and licking his lips a bit so I think - think - he may still be nauseated. At 12:17 am I gave him another 1/8 of his Cerenia 24 mg. as he vomited that white stuff up only 20 mins after his earlier dose of Cerenia. Am hoping that bit will make up for any he hadn't absorbed yet when he vomited and help him settle. My little dog actually looks tired in his face and eyes.

This constant restlessness just started last evening and has pretty much continued. His ears feel cool now and his tummy cooler but not yet normal-feeling. But thank goodness that constant need to scratch his face/body has stopped and he hasn't scratched his belly with his hind feet for quite some time now. Bad itching in a dog is akin to severe pain in the stress it places on them it seems to this observer. Except they seem to handle much of their pain quietly and stoically - itching is active toil for them. I never ever hope to see him go through that again.

I just heard some soft snoring over Tibbe's way at the end of the couch on my feet and it's 12:47 am - maybe the Cerenia at work. So I'm going to lie down and see if I can catch a nap.

Thannk you all so very much for all of this help. It makes all the difference. I don't feel Tibbe and I are alone at all in this - far from it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!