View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckersmom6 View Post
I get so confused about the food. The homemade recipes with chicken would be great.....that's his favorite, but then the no table scraps .....is a tiny piece of chicken any different? Or fresh chicken broth frozen in small chunks? I hate buying the biljac because it crumbles to a fine powder. I tried making a treat out of it for him but he turned up his nose!
Table scrapes are different than human food. Tables scrapes are often just leftovers and depending on what the humans eat can be very bad for a dog. Most humans eat foods too high in fat and ALWAYS over salted for a dog. Boiled chicken can be a healthy snack, but you'd want to check with your vet on this. Pancreatitis is such a painful disease and with each episode more damage is done. Some dogs only have one episode of acute pancreatitis because they ate something that was really bad for them, and after a healing time period can ease up on the food restrictions. Other dogs have chronic pancreatitis that is thought to be a genetic condition and have eaten relatively healthy all of their lives, with these dogs, severe restrictions have to be placed on the diets forever. Have you talked this over with your vet?

Join today and remove this ad!