View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

From their website:

Description

Diet specially formulated for the high energy needs of small breed dogs, or those dogs that will be 20 pounds or less as adults. Just a Wee Bit is available in a very small kibble to accommodate small mouths.
Just a Wee Bit exceeds all the nutrient requirements for puppies and is great for puppies and adults!

Crude Protein, Min 28%
Crude Fat, Min 18%
Crude Fiber, Max 4%
Moisture, Max 10%
380 kcal/cup
Ingredients

Bison, Ocean Fish Meal, Millet, Brown Rice, Cracked Pearled Barley, Rice Bran, Canola Oil, Tomato Pomace, Flaxseed, Natural Flavor, Salmon Oil (source of DHA), Choline Chloride, Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, Parsley Flakes, Pumpkin Meal, Almond Oil, Sesame Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Thyme, Blueberries, Cranberries, Carrots, Broccoli, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Panthothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid

I tried to feed mine the Barking At The Moon a few years ago and they wouldn't even taste it... I was quite shocked, lol.

As for this new flavor, There are a few items I have a problem with. First, the minimum % values of the protein and the fat content are high (JMHO) as stated on the bag.... remember those are the Minimum values.

Second, the second ingredient is Ocean Fish Meal. Any fish caught on US ships is preserved with Ethoxyquin, by law. JMHO: Feed at your own risk.

Canola oil is a by-product of the gasoline industry. There are better choices.

And I'm curious to know exactly what the 'natural flavor' is...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!