Thread: Canine Caviar
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #55
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
So, before everyone abandons this thread can someone please tell me if there are any ingredients listed above ^ that I should be concerned with?

Mimimomo...I know you posted a link to info on the guar gum and from what I read last night it appears to be a source of fiber in dog foods (if I remember what I read correctly, it was late) and if you get too much fiber, yes, it can cause nausea, cramps and diarrhea and fiber also naturally reduces cholsterol in humans. So, is the information on that page relevant to humans or dogs?

The canned food states it is for supplemental feeding only...like mixed with dry food. I didn't find anything bad about guar gum in dog foods on the pages I read.

Am I missing something or am I understanding things correctly?
I think it was for humans...but guar gum is the last ingredient in the canned food, so there won't be that much to have a negative effect. Since it's for supplemental feeding, you'll be mixing it w/the kibble as a topper, I think it's fine...@ least it's not linked to cancer! Fiber is actually a very important part of a dog's diet: The Benefits of Dog Food Fiber (Part 1)
The Benefits of Dog Food Fiber (Part 2)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!