View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #14
marktwain
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your wonderful advice. I know there are some concerns about taking the puppy home at 8 weeks, especially toy breeds, and especially Yorkies. Through deep research I have found that the puppy does learn things from the mother that can benefit his social behavior. They say at 10 weeks is a good time to acclimate a puppy to a new environment, just about as many say get the pup at 12 weeks. I believe I have what it takes to be with him at least every hour or so. I have already checked with my vet and have the vaccine schedule, he will have his 8 week shots when I get him.

I have seen the pup and will meet the parents this week. I also called references and the Vet the breeder takes the pups to and made sure I was calling the "vet", spoke with several people and they all said her litters have always been great and her pups are well developed at 8 weeks, as long as the owner knows exactly the responsibility it takes to raise a Yorkie pup.

At this point I have read through this entire website and really appreciate all your concerns! It's great to have a community! I will post pictures, and please any other advice!

Thanks for the hospitality!

- Shaun
marktwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!