View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Its pretty important a yorkie stay with there mom until 12 weeks. Sense that did not happen please be prepared for possible potty train issues, biting issues and socialization issues. Also you need to know the symptoms of hypoglycemia and have nutrical on hand in case he has a hypoglycemic episode. It is very important that he be eating every couple of hours and not be left alone for more then an hour because if he has a hypoglycemia episode he can have seizures and it can result in death if no one is there to see him and help him. Also make sure not to take him places other dogs can go until he has had all of his shots. Use a harness to hook the leash to and a collar for tags only. Good luck with your pup and we are here for any questions you have.
I miss understood and thought you had the dog already (I am pretty tired). You should not take a yorkie home before 12 weeks period. A good breeder will not let a pup go home until 12 weeks and if they do they are not a good breeder and I can guarantee they cut other corners to save money like genetic testing to make sure your pup will not have any genetic issues and you could end up with a sick pup and having to spend a massive amount of money to fix it. Most 8 week old yorkies who go home have problems eating and some end up having to be force fed and still have ended up dying. We as lovers of this breed and buyers of these little babies that feel pain and things need stand up and do our research and say no to these bad breeders by not buying there pups and not keeping them in the business.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!