View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
rubynrosie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Mandiesmom hit it right on with find a good reputable breeder or a rescue. I didn't with my first yorkie and I can definitely tell the difference between Lola and Ruby and Rosie. Lola...pretty much puppy mill and no socialization. Really exam your lifestyles and can you find the time that a young yorkie will take. If no one is home for 8 hours because of school and work...I don't know if I would recommend a puppy. A lot of people I know say they only want a puppy because of the "bonding" experience. I have gotten new dogs both as a puppy and as a 3 year old dog and a 5 year old. I have bonded just as much w the older dogs as a w the pups (and they with me). If I were you..even if you can't find a breeder close in distance to you...Id give one of them a call and ask them these same questions...they may even have contacts of a breeder closer to you or ties w a rescue near you. Yorkie owners/lovers/breeders are very passionate about their dog and im sure you will see that on this website. Don't be afraid to ask questions this site is awesome at either giving answers or helping to try find someone who knows! Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!