View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
cllemaster
Yorkie Yakker

Default New and Strange behavior in 4 yr old

My 4 yr old Harley has just recently begun having some strange behavior. We also have a female Barbie that is i yr old. They have always gotten along extremely well, slept together, give each other kisses, sleep on top of each other ect. Lately Harley has started having episodes where he barks , growls and bites at Barbie like he is mad at her and is trying to provoke a fight or hurt her. he never actually bites her. This is never prevoked. He also has started barking at everything. If either my husband or I get up from the chair to get something he barks, he barks when someone comes in or leaves, when he wants to play. It is just so frustrating. I do not know why he has started this new behavior. He is such a sweet boy and he gets so much attention as both my husband and I are disabled and are always home, this makes no sense.
My female just came out of heat about a week ago, but he has been fixed so I don't think that would have anything to do with his behavior towards her. The barking is driving us crazy, any suggestions on how to stop this behavior.

Christy- mommy of Harley and Barbie two sweet little yorkie babies.
cllemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!