View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
Several years back shelters started spaying and neutering kittens and puppies before they would let them go. Some vets feel it is safe but there are also others that feel it is safer to wait. I agree that spaying or neutering a young puppy is not a good idea.

I know some breeders sometimes have older pups that I can understand them neutering or spaying before they let them go. I think if I was a breeder I would be very concerned about one of my pups getting into the hands of an irresponsible person that would breed them. Still, overall, the health aspect is very important. Making sure the puppy goes to a responsible owner is also a must.
I do worry about that a Lot!. In fact I am considering seriously considering changing my health guarantee to reflect the fact that if you neuter/spay prior to a certain age and for certain our large breed dogs that is NOT six months old, then certain things will not be covered, like ED HD and LP.

The thing is Europe for the most part can't sell on a spay and neuter contract. And well the breeders just deal with what is.

I will always come down on the side that provides the best chance of health for my puppies. But I have to admit I am glad I don't have to be concerned so much with puppy mills for our breed; they require too much room, and too much food; after all there are so many toy breeds and smallish breeds that can maximize their profit per square foot of kennel How-ever Byber's are starting to show their face in our breed. That is a regrettable reality.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!