View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

ZoE is the most "talkative" dog I've ever had.

She makes noises when she's having fun playing with her toys, she makes lil snorting sounds when you cuddle her, and the comes & "talks" to me (different barks) to let me know if something is wrong aka her "alert bark" (the fridge door has been left open & is beeping, or the hose fell out of the swimming pool and flooding the yard, etc) or to let me know she went potty aka her "demanding bark"...I want my treat for pottying where I'm supposed to! She has so much character & personality!

I think it's good to let them bark some, as they seem to feel like they are doing their duty, guarding their home, but too much barking can be a problem. I tell her good girl when she barks a couple of times if someone is walking by our house, or pulls in our driveway, etc, as she's alerting me. But if she keeps barking I firmly tell her "enough!" and she stops, & I pet her & tell her what a good girl she is.

You just have to be extremely repetitive & consistent with the training, and they will get it with a little time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!