View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
SophieKatesMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

WOW!! This thread makes me miss those puppy days, I remember Sophie Kate grabbing my pant leg while I was putting them on and me hopping around on one foot saying "leave it" to her.

12 weeks is so young for a puppy, I didn't get Sophie Kate until she was 16 weeks and I can tell you there was a lot of puppy energy. The things that really saved me was teaching her new things (to come, to chase a ball, to sit the command for "leave it"). As mentioned once your babies have had all their shots get them enrolled in a puppy class. Also teaching them to walk on a leash even while in the house is beneficial and once they are cleared for outdoor walks take them (my Sophie Kate still loves her walks).

Potty Training was so hard for us, we tried everything but we stuck with crate training and working her on a schedule (we still potty on a schedule). One of the important things I learned was to teach her a command for going potty (ours is exactly that "Go Potty"). Also when your baby does go in the right place make a HUGE BIG deal out of it, lots of praise and a special good dog treat like Cheerio's.

Good luck and cherish those puppy moments, they go by so fast.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!