View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Hi. I hope this little girl has a much better home now. Glad to hear she is going to be spayed. When you do get her to the vet make sure they do a fecal exam to check for other worms as well. Yes, it does sound like she has tape worms. Did the groomer find any fleas? Even though it is winter they can still carry fleas on them. Comb her through with a flea comb because you cannot always find them by just looking.

The peeing does not sound normal to me. She could have a bladder infection. Certainly something to talk to the vet about. She should not have to stain to urinate. It's good that she knows enough to pee when you take her out. Just keep taking her out frequently until she gets the idea that is the way it is done. Some people get a bell to put by the door and have the dog touch it's paw to the bells before they go out. That way they learn to ring the bell to let you know when they have to go.

Yorkies are high energy dogs but should not be hyper. She should be able to calm down after some exercise. A regular exercise schedule is really important for any dog's health and mental well being. They usually love to play fetch. I have bought several 2" balls for Gracie. We play indoors and out.

Most of the grocery store type kibble food is really low quality stuff. The pet food industry is not regulated so what they claim and what is true are usually two different things. You might want to read up on kibble, how it is made, and what is in it. I'll give you a link to a site that lists ingredients and rates them. If you see a long list of synthetic vitamins at the bottom of an ingredient list it is because the nutrients are just not in the food it's self.
Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor
There are other places you can get info on pet foods. Just do a search on how dog food is made.
I feed my girl a commercial raw dog food. No synthetic anything. Only grass fed non injected meat sources. She eats better than the rest of the family.
I think your vet should be able to treat the nose hair problem as well unless it has been that way too long.
She is adorable. I hope she has a wonderful new life with you.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!