View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcowsmoo View Post
I sometimes read where some of you shower with your Yorkie? How exactly do you manage that? I'm just curious, because it sounds like it would be so much easier than bathing him/her in the laundry tub or bending over the bath tub, but do they react well to having the water spray down on them the whole time or???
ZoE doesn't love it...but she's ok with going in the shower & much prefers it to a bath by herself.

I pick her up, climb in the shower. While I'm holding her, I wet my hair & hers. Then I set her down, quickly shampoo my hair, then hers. Rinse mine, rinse hers. Then I put conditioner on her, then I put conditioner on my hair, soap myself up with body wash (meanwhile ZoE is walking around the tub & trying to lick the spray from the shower water...lol), then I rinse my hair & body (this way ZoE gets more time with conditioner on her). Last step, ZoE gets rinsed out. I climb out of the shower quickly dry off, then I squeeze the excess water from her hair & pick her up in a towel. I dry her off & let her run around while I get dressed, then it's time to blow dry her.

Thankfully, ZoE doesn't ever try to jump in or out of the bathtub..I think cos it's so deep. I have an all-in-one bath/shower at the ONE & ONLY bathroom in my wee house, but I hated giving up the separate shower & separate jacuzzi tub of my old house, so when I remodeled the wee house, I put in a jacuzzi tub as the tub of my combo, so it's pretty deep. It does make climbing in & out to shower more of a pain, but it's well worth it. I just had to put an extra safety bar at the side that I hold onto to climb in & out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!