View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #8
courtney1121
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Dad's is actually a brand that is manufactured about 2 hours north of Pittsburgh. The town it is located in is where I went to college. One of my sorority sister's family owns it. It is good food but to be honest, I only see people with big dogs use it. I actually steer more towards the expensive grain-free food for my pups. A lot of yorkies have sensitive tummies so I felt like it was a little harder finding the right food for their breed compared to others, but that's just my opinion. I feed mine Nutrisource Grain-free Seafood Select. I used to have my one yorkie on Wellness Small Breed Adult but the Wellness brand was making him itchy. Sometimes you just have to pick a brand and try it out and see how they do on it. I am sure there's a thread around here that recommend some quality dog food brands to try.

And about the hyper thing - I think it's completely normal. My Geno is going to be 2 in May and he is as hyper as he was as a puppy. He's calmed down a little but he still runs around like crazy. If you take your dogs on walks, it is suppose to help wear them out a little so maybe that would help with the constant hyperness.

Definitely let the vet know you need to be seen ASAP due to the worms. I don't know about your vet but my vet would find some kind of room in the schedule as quickly as possible. Worms can be very uncomfortable for her and they also sometimes drag their butt along the carpet to scratch their butt. It's funny to watch but at the same time sad cause they are obviously uncomfortable. Plus since you have another pet, they could end up getting infected as well.

Join today and remove this ad!