View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Welcome to yorkietalk. There is no such thing as a teacup yorkie. The standard is not to exceed 7 pounds. Unlike poodles there is no different sizes a yorkie is simply just a yorkie. Purina is the owners of the waggin train chicken jerky that has been killing lots of dogs as well as making many sick and they will not pull there jerky off the shelves and find out what is wrong so buying there food is supporting that. Buying a higher quality grain free food might be a bit more expensive but you will feed less of it because of the higher quality. My yorkie is on Acana right now and doing well. My yorkie loves bully sticks and pretty much any soft toy that squeaks. Yorkies do not have under coats and have have hair rather then fur so they get cold easy so make sure you have some warm things for her. Is she spayed? I would recommended doing that if she is not. Also when ever you get a new dog they need to go to your vet and be checked out that day or the next day and wait for your vet to tell you whether or not she needs to lose weight. With yorkies it is very important to use a harness not a collar for the leash because of the possibility of collapsing trachea, it is fine to use a collar for tags but never hook the leash to it. I feel each dog in the house needs to have there own bowl even if they eat out of each others dishes so she will need a water bowl and a food dish. If you have young kids make sure she has her own place to go where they are not allowed if she doesn't want to be messed with. Some small dogs are really hyper some are not, mine is very chill most of the time. She may be marking outside more then just peeing a little here and a little there. Congrats on your new family member.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!