View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli_lah View Post
Too cute. Even though Lolli always goes outside no matter what, she always wipes her feet. This is actually a friendly territorial thing, I believe? It just means "Yeah.. I pooped there. This is MY place now! hehehehe" type of thing.

But on that note.. how does one litter box train a dog? I've never heard of it but it's intriguing. Could I teach a 10 year old yorkie to do such a thing?! The reason I inquire is because we are about to move into a 3rd floor apartment. This may help during work hours (I work from home) from having to haul her up and down the steps just to pee. I don't like making her run up and down steps that have no backing on them, plus 3 flights is a lot and I worry about her hurting her back.
Its actually easy, I purchased a couple of boxes made for cement mixing or whatever, and they sell the doggie litter at most stores and most pet stores...eventually I switched the litter for washable peepads for convenience sake, I just put them in the litterbox instead.

Its your preference on how you want to train them, I enjoy the freedom it allows me if I am running late from work, or not wanting to go in the cold. Miss Mini is low to the ground small and we get snow here so its just easier for me...ok fine I'm lazy, I had 23 big dogs that needed constant care, I'm lazy now, I love the litterbox method....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!