View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Lolli_lah
YT Addict

Lolli has this very same mysterious vomiting sickness but she was never really lethargic or in pain looking or sad. It lasted days and I took her to the vet and they couldn't see anything wrong on labs or anything and they gave her 2 shots I forget now what they were but one was to help with nausea the other I forget, maybe antibiotic of some sort in case it was a small infection or something.

Sent us home with instruction to feed her boiled chicken and rice, just a small amount at first to see if she still vomits that evening, and pedialyte or orange gatorade to make sure she stays hydrated.

I told the vet this also but basically I noticed one time she vomited red. I was freaking out thinking she was vomiting blood but then I realized what happened. I had given her a red colored dog treat! So we all figured that perhaps this is a stomach sensitivity to some foods or fillers in foods because she was not on a horrible food brand and treats but they were not the best quality lines either. So we slowly switched her over to Blue and quit giving treats for a while and she has not vomited since. Then we give her peanut butter treats that are minimal ingredients and she doesn't even burp as much, either.

So I think even tho it seemed some weird infection or another, it was really a food sensitivity for my Lolli. Perhaps yours might have something like that?

Also to note, they told me the anti nausea shot they gave her can bind her up so it's possible that's just whats got your baby not pooping at regular times. Lolli's was off a little bit for a couple days also.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!