View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Clyde_Dexter
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sad Clyde & Dexter going to the vet (non-emergency)

I think that both of my dogs have a slight case of kennel cough? They are both UTD on vaccinations ... but the past day or so I've noticed that Clyde has been coughing A LOT and that Dexter has a slight cough.

I looked up videos on youtube (though obviously not a tool that should be used to diagnose a dog ), Clyde sounded EXACTLY like the dogs that were hacking around from Kennel Cough.

Clyde already is going to the vet today. He has seizures and recently the medicine that he has been on hasn't been working ... so he is going back for new blood tests and a new assessment of anti-seizure medication. In fact, Clyde recently experienced a seizure that almost took his life. I'm so thankful that it didn't, though. He was giving "emergency" seizure medication that had to be given rectally incase he were to have another seizure before the blood work was done. I had to give it to him last night because he had his second seizure in under a month. He has never had this many seizures before this close together. I really hope that the vets can get this under control. I don't want anything happening to my sweet little guy.

But anyways... I now plan to bring Dexter along to talk to the vet about their coughing?? I just don't understand how it could be kennel cough, though .... but what else could it be? I do not think it is tracheal damage because I have always been really careful about the harnesses and leashes I use (and both of my dogs are trained not to pull on the leash)

My vet appointment isn't until 2:00 p.m. and it is only 10:00 a.m ... I'm usually a very patient person ... but not today LOL
Clyde_Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!