View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
sportschick
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Reaction to rabies shot

I took my dog to her new vet for her stupid rabies shot last night because it is a law here in Massachusetts that you have to give them the shot. She seemed o.k. but was a little wheezy. This morning she started shaking and wheezing and practically falling over. I freaked out and called the vet and they told me to bring her right in. She just layed on my lap like a dishrag in the car.

They gave her a Benadryl shot to stop the reaction and gave me Rimadyl pills because the vet thinks that where they gave her the shot is sore and that is why she was falling over. The vet said she would sleep most of the day because of the Benadryl.

Has anyone had their dogs have a reaction to a rabies shot and should I give her the Rimadyl?? I am so afraid to give her anything. And how long is she going to be so lethargic from the Benadryl?

I am supposed to bring her back in a couple of weeks for her distemper shot that has 4 other vaccines in it too. I do NOT want to give her anymore vaccines, but I don't want to leave her unprotected either.

Any advice on vaccinations and if my dog is going to be o.k. would really help. She is my first dog and I am so upset right now at the fact that she could have died from this effing shot.
sportschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!