View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #10
YorkieSpirit1
Senior Yorkie Talker

I got a reply email from the company as follows:
I understand your concern but please know that we would never market a product that we thought was potentially harmful to any animal.

This toothpaste formula was tested on 860 dogs and 350 cats. We got back a result of 100% conformance, in all the exhibitions, no secondary reactions, allergies, diarrhea or any other disease related to the ingestion of a toxic ingredient has been reported or found. 100% of the material used in the test was quarantined first in order to evaluate the proper compounding of the formula.

In order for tea tree oil to be toxic to dogs (or humans for that matter) it has to be consumed in very large quantities (think drinking a liter). Our formulas have less than 1/10th of 1% so even if the dog ate the whole product, it would not be toxic for the dog. While tea tree oil can be toxic in very large quantities, it has tremendous benefits when used correctly. It is a natural antiseptic and helps get rid of plaque, which can be extremely detrimental to an animal’s health possibly leading to heart disease and kidney failure. There are many vitamins and herbs that are so good for us when used correctly but toxic if not - vitamin a and other oil based vitamins are prime examples because the oil can build up in your body if you consume too much.
We have been selling this toothpaste for over 6 years now. We've sold nearly a million units and do not have one case of adverse side effects..

We truly appreciate your concern and I hope you know that our company is made up of animal advocates like yourself.

Thanks,
Casey Cook
Operations Manager

don't know what to think now...they assure us its safe....maybe there so little of it in the toothpaste that its not harmful...but why put it in it at all is my question...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!