View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
Does anyone use this? My furbabies take the Comfortis flea pill but it only seems to work for about 3 weeks. A friend of mine in Texas suggested using a mixture of eucalyptus oil and water on them. I must admit, it works! I mixed it in a spray bottle and sprayed both dogs, their bedding, our furniture and an area rug under our bed. They have not had any reaction to it at all and I don't see any fleas. I asked our vet about it and of course she discouraged it....she said it was homeopathic and of course, most vets don't "sell" homeopathic products!
My parents go this from a holistic vet in are area

15 drops (I use more) peppermint oil
1 cup water
put in spray bottle....DO NOT spray directly on the animal...saturate a paper towel and wipe it on her/him...has to be done every couple of days but it does work for fleas and ticks...I was out in the yard the other day and decided to try it on myself because of those tiny black flies that leave HUGE welted bites on me....it did work but the mixture did make my skin feel kinda like a cold burn...if that makes sense...sort of like icy hot would feel...You don't want to spray anything directly on your pet...I would google the eucalyptus oil just to make sure it isn't toxic to animals..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!