View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn0405 View Post
So, I love to sew. Being so tall, I've always had to sew anything that was "trendy" at the time during junior high and high school.

Well, I had the opportunity to sew my SB last time a bed and doggy pj's and had a ball doing it!

Since I know all you Yorkie ladies are all so talented, any chance you want to share your sewing secrets? I'd love to find some patterns to make Gizmo some vests, because I know I wouldn't be able to trust myself doing it free hand.

Goodness knows an adorable Yorkie boy can never have too many cute vests!!!
With you being so tall, I'm sure you've had experience altering store bought patterns. I like to draft my own patterns, so the fit is perfect, but if you don't know to do to it from scratch, you may want to alter a store bought one so the fit will be perfected. Make a "block" pattern (a basic shape pattern that is the exact size) on pattern paper (or any thick paper) and use that as a basis everytime you want to start a new design. Makes things much easier.

Also another tip I always adhere to, always make a mock up in a cheap test fabric similar to the final fabric you will use. Sew it up and do a fitting. You will always see places where you can improve the pattern.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!