View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
CouversMom
and Khloe Mae's too!
Donating Member

Default Diatomaceous Earth for Fleas

This summer/fall we have been having a huge problem with fleas. We have never had a flea before, but for some reason, this year it was horrible!

I did everything possible to get rid of them... flea treatment, flea baths, constant cleaning, constantly checking the pups and killing the fleas I could catch... but they continued to stick around. I went to our local pet store and asked about what else I could do. They said they did not recommend flea collars because of the amount of chemicals in them, but that they did recommend using a powder called diatomaceous earth.

I had never heard of this before, but we bought it... brought it home and researched it before using it on the pups. The only warnings were to not breath it in, so I was careful and rubbed it on the dog and cats' coats.

I have not seen a single flea since. I cannot believe it! The fleas are gone, and all it took was a little powder. I put a little on their bedding too to ensure it kills them all, and I am so happy!

If anyone is having problems with fleas, I would definitely using diatomaceous earth. But, make sure you buy the pet type and not the type for pools.

This is the type I bought. I paid $11.99 at my local pet store, so this is a great price: Amazon.com: Lumino Organic Diatomaceous Earth For...Amazon.com: Lumino Organic Diatomaceous Earth For...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!