View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #13
Lil Sis
Donating YT 500 Club Member

thank you for sharing... I like that at the end of the article they said it applies to all animals. I think of all the different animals that are breed for "children"

I am so sorry to say it happen to us with bunnies.. I learned then how much I did not know.

When my children were little the "EASTER BUNNY" (and it was NOT me) gave them bunnies. A boy and a girl. Yes, I did have a long talk with the EASTER BUNNY and asked him if he was NUTS!!

Well, I did not know anything about bunnies and was told I did not have to worry about breeding for about 6 months. wrong. One morning, it was Thanksgiving morning to be precise, weather is nice so the windows were open and I heard the female (her name was Flower) crying. I went to check and she had babies. Oh my. When the girls got up I sent them out to the hutch and said there was a surprise for them. Amy came back and said "why did you put chicken bones in flowers' cage" eeewwww

Got another hutch, told the girls that Flower and Thumber (yes.. I was a Bambi fan) did not like each other and do NOT take them out at the same time to play with them.

Well... a few months later... yep... hear Flower crying again... more bunnies.

I asked Amy... did Flower and Thumber play together without telling mommy?
She said " Oh yes mommy, you were wrong.. they like each other, Thumber was sooooo happy to see Flower he was jumping up and down on her"

HMMMMMMMM time for THE TALK~~

we gave the bunnies to a friend who had a farm and had bunnies.
Lil Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!