View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Amen to that.

It is exactly why I posted it. I know some people think that rabies is not a problem and don't vaccinate. Playing with fire.

I'm not sure people truly understand exactly what the consequences are if the government has the slightest concern of a dog having rabies AND also just what would happen if you really did have a rabid dog on your hands and it even got just a little bit of saliva on its owner's cut or scrape. The animal will be euthanized. It's head will be sent to a lab for testing, period. You will undergo treatment or lose your life (and if you didn't know that your dog had rabies, it may be too late).

It's REALLY not worth skipping it because some sites on the internet have scary stories about the vaccine. Yes, the vaccine has side effects including death. That's a potential with any drug. That doesn't mean it's okay to skip it.

What really gets me is all these indoor/outdoor cats that don't get the vaccine. ...then they come in and the kids play with them! Not safe.

And if an owner decides not to vaccine, the animal's vet and their staff is now at risk of disease along with the general public.

Please vaccinate and leave the no vaccinating idea to the people whose pets are medically unable to handle it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!