View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love

I'm glad this subject has been posted.....since I have 3 Yorkies that go every where wiht me except for Work w/c is Partime. I make sure that they are NOT left in the Car when it's too Hot or too Cold! They have been Trained to sit still and ride in certain positions. I do NOT have them connected by any kind of Restraints or Seatbelts and they are NOT Crated, but I did take a RED CROSS course for PET CPR. If you are in a Car Accident or if there is a Hurricane or another Natural Disaster, GOD Forbid! The Police & Fire Dept. are not going to take responsiblity for the welfare of your Pet(s). They are supposed to be Muzzled or Crated, with that in mind I always make sure I bring their Harness & Leashes just in case? If they were NOT Trained to ride in the Car I would have them all Crated, whether it's a short or long trip?
I think it depends on the Dogs too.......My Sister had 2 Yorkies, but only one of them could ride in the Car since the other one would get very Car Sick and vomit all over the Car no matter what she did? So sometimes you can't Train them past that!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!