View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #28
timetells
BANNED!

Default Collier Ranch

I too bought a pup from Collier ranch after searching for a Biewer online. I drove to their family ranch in Stevenson about 2 hrs from San Jose.I and was met at the gate by the biggest german shepard I have ever seen in my life. I had to wait about 15 min for the grandfather to walk the long driveway and could not get out of my car because I was afraid of the Huge dog. Their house is set way back off the road ad the kennel is behind the house. It is a very nice kennel I must admit. The grandfather wasn't very friendly and made us put bleach and water spray on our shoes or told us we couldn't come in. So we did it. Inside the kennel, they have about 12 yorkies, most of them are really tiny stud dogs. The walls have a lot of pictures of people showing dogs and blue ribbons. There were a few college students working as volunteers. The grandfather explained that they used to show dogs and farm almonds but they got too old and that his gran daughters took over the business. So, it appears that they have more studs than females and they stud their dogs out and his one grand daughter kelly sells the litters from select breeders that they are partnered with . He explained that this keeps the quality high and controlled by their family. The kennel was cute and cottage like with ceiling fans and stained glass,woodstoves and a air conditioning system. All the dogs have an inside kennel about 4 x4 and a doggie door to an outside play yard about 20 x 20 each. i counted 20 runs and about 12 dogs in the kennel. In one of the kennels there was a giant tortoise about 40 yrs old they said. it was like something from a zoo. Kelly showed up finally and met us with a very warn WELCOME to our HOME. She invited us on a tour and took us in a golf cart to the back of the property.They also do dog rescue and took me to another small barn where they had a litter of pups someone left on their driveway. There were also ponds behind the barns and we were very surprised to find out that they own the largest private sturgeon hatchery and they grow these giant fish the size of dolphins. It was quite a special day and It was nice to see that not everyone fits the breeders mold. I think these are some of the nicest people I ever met. I did pick out a older 5 yr.old female that was being retired. The cost for her re-homing was a spay fee of $250.00 . I had to call my vet from their office and scheduled the appt. 2 weeks later they refunded it all to me as soon as I sent them proof of spay. My dog is very good natured and sweet and her name is Chasity. I am a senior and this little dog is a blessing to my life. I always wanted a yorkie but I had to see for myself and pick out my own dog. In my contract it says that I have to stool test the dog within72hrs of buying her. My dog did not have any symptoms but it did test positive for Giardia and I think it is because they are agricultural and raise fish. It was not because their dogs are not clean or well fedd or very well atken care of. My vet saysmoving a dog can cause stress and it can flare up anywhere. he says it is the most common thing in most water and that sparrows carry it everywhere. because I did what the contract said in the 72 hrs. They actually paid for my meds $24.00 over the phone. But again, I did exactly what they told me to do. My vet said I have a very nice little dog too. So do you ever ask yourself.was it maybe something you did wrong? Did you stool test the puppy in order to address the issue that was mild and became bad ? Was the puppy well when you picked it up? I bet that if it wasn't a nice puppy you wouldnt have taken it home. I got a real nice dog from those folks. real good people.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!