View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #7
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirlonde View Post

My question with nearly any new law is "where's the loop hole"? Because you know people who are getting rich off puppy mills are going to find those holes. I'm not sure about all the stipulations, but the one regarding hiring one full time employee per 25 dogs seems really easy to get around. Seems like puppy millers are just going to hire their spouse, kids, cousin, etc on paperwork. And like you mentioned, BonBon...where's the enforcement? Even with the inspections, unless they are some kind of surprise inspection, what's to keep dogs from just being hidden away?

Another thing about the 25 dog limit...does this include puppies? Because puppies come and go so even say a greeder just has 20 dogs but ten of those dogs have five puppies each.* Do they have to hire two more employees for the weeks they are caring for those 50 puppies? Just seems like a lot of important details are getting overlooked. Politicians just want to get the legislation passed so they can point and say "hey, look what a good thing I did!" But implementation is a whole 'nother ball game.

*Keep in mind, I'm just pulling numbers out of a hat here in order to make a point!
-C
Good points. I hadn't thought about it this way.

My first impression when I read the article was that it was a step in the right direction. Maybe it is, but like you said there seem to be so big loopholes that need to be closed before this can actually begin to make a difference.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!