Thread: Grade 2 LP
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
I have one with grade 4 in both and it doesn't seem to bother her yet. She is 5 1/2 years old. Then Pixie who is almost 5, suddenly couldn't walk a few months ago and was diagnosed with grade 3 in her left knee. After 3 vets and an ortho surgeon saying she needed it she had the surgery. I would just watch him to see if it' gets worse. Also, try and limit his jumping on and off furniture by using ramps or stairs. I would ask your vet if he should be on a joint supplement too. Hopefully he will never need the surgery.
I like your post. Just because it's a grade higher or lower doesn't mean run into surgery. Kaji has 3/4 in both knees and as long as his weight is under control, he doesn't have a problem with it. When his weight goes up, his knees pop, and just recently when he was 1.5 lbs overweight, I saw him favor a leg for the first time. He's now on a strict diet to get his weight back down.

If it was my baby, and he was favoring his leg, I would definitely start seeking the opinion of orthopedic surgeons.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!