View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #14
ldcox29
Donating YT Addict

Let me tell you my experience with Evo: I was feeding ruby a mix of dry and canned Evo and she seemed to be doing fine, then about a week after she started eating it she developed mucousy (sp) poop with traces of blood. I took her to the vet that same morning and they ran a fecal on her. turned out she had an overgrowth of bacteria. the vet said it could be her food, it could be something she picked up outside, basically, we had no idea. the vet advised me to put her on boiled chicken and rice and prescribed some antibiotics. Okay. fine.

Well, we have another dog (shepherd/rott mix) who always ate Ruby's left over Evo out of her bowl. (he's on another dog food) So this dog never has accidents in the house, I mean never. then one afternoon he did and it was full of mucous as well and it smelled terrible. So the only thing him and Ruby had in common was Evo, I took him in and got him on antibiotics as well and threw the Evo out.

I guess I can't say for sure that's what it was, but it made sense at the time.

so now ruby is eating Now! with a little bit of Natural balance mixed in, it's the roll-type of NB. and she has been doing great.

Sorry, I got so long-winded there.

Leslie
ldcox29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!