View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
EVO is a really rich food and is probably not the best to switch from a low quality food like Bil Jac to. EVO was also recently bought out by Proctor & Gamble (Iams, etc) so a lot of people are unsure what will happen to the food and if it's trustworthy anymore...

Currently, Champion Pet Foods is pretty much the top food to feed. They make Orijen and Acana! Acana is a bit lower protein (33 percent) but still very high in meat content and a really great food all around. Orijen & Acana would def. be my #1 choice. But there are many others, such as Fromm, Nature's Variety, Go! Endurance, Wellness, etc. I know Petsmart has now starting selling Wellness which is a huge step up!

Taste of the Wild is another great food that is really cost efficient. I think around here it's about $10 for a 5-6lb bag and their ingredient list is really great for the price. It's manufactured at Diamond Food Plant and some are iffy about it because they used to use ethoxyuin (sp?) but they no longer do! I personally like TOTW and would feed it if I was not feeding Acana.
Thank you! I don't have a Petsmart around me. Closest one about one hour away. We do have a Petco; however, when I went there I did not see a lot of good choices. I did see Wellness but they were out of the one I needed. My groomer told me about TOTW. She said I would have to get it from a feed store around my area. I have not seen Acana. I will check it out and see where the closest one is. She also said Innova was one with good ratings.

I think the more I try to figure this out, the more confused I am on what to give her. It seems like I think something is good and then I find something bad in it. It is a little overwhelming!

I did make her some homemade treats today. At least I know what was it them! I will look up Acana. Thank you so much for the advice.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!